Investigators examine the scene of a mass shooting Sunday, Nov. 30, 2025, in California. Image: keystone
November 30, 2025, 9:17 p.mNovember 30, 2025, 9:17 p.m
According to authorities, at least four people, including three children, were killed in shots fired during a family gathering in the Californian city of Stockton. The fatalities were eight, nine, 14 and 21 years old, according to US media, which cited statements from a spokeswoman for the San Joaquin region sheriff. A total of 15 people were hit, it was said on Sunday. No suspect has been arrested yet.
The police had previously written about 14 victims on social media. The investigation was in full swing. The police asked for information from witnesses about the incident early Saturday evening (local time). Many details were initially unclear.
San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office investigators examine the crime scene in Stockton, California.Image: keystone
Stockton Deputy Mayor Jason Lee wrote in a Facebook post about a gun attack at a child’s birthday party. An ice cream parlor should never be a place where families have to fear for their lives, it said.
According to US media reports, police spokeswoman Heather Brent initially only confirmed that the incident occurred at a family gathering in a banquet hall. Early indications suggested it may have been a targeted operation, Brent said.
California Governor Gavin Newsom has been informed of the incident, his press office confirmed. (sda/dpa)